Saturday, May 7, 2011

Concepts

Here are some rough concepts I have come up with while thinking about which political issue I should do and the different ways I could show it.


My first Idea: Animal Cruelty. Showing how we place animals in really small places and expect them to live happily and stay healthy. Although these are all just images I have sourced of the internet, I think they explain this idea quite well. I like the studio aspect of the cages confining the people.
If I decided to go with this idea I need to think about what animal's and situations I would replicate and if like with the fish tank image what kind of photography would best suit each photo. 




 

My second idea: Started out as another way to look at animal cruelty and how we treat animals at the Zoo, keeping them in these places just for our viewing pleasure by substituting the animals for people. Like a how would you like it? idea. But while editing these photo's, I started to see the photo's as more of a statement about people watching, which made me start to think about how we treat celebrities and the whole idea of celebrity culture, always wanting to know what they are doing at every moment of the day. Maybe I could look at playing this idea against the concept of Zoo's and watching animals compared to people... How would this work?






And third idea: How technology runs our life?
Although the image above I experimented with  doesn't exactly show it - could be about
how technology has become part of how we define ourselves. Things like radio, television, tapes, computer, film - cameras, video games, phones are everywhere. Look at how influential they are in our society, and how these technologies reflect how we live out life... we are so linked into the world.. always reachable with phones, email, facebook, twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment