Monday, May 16, 2011

Celebrity Culture

I've decided to portray celebrity culture looking at the insane fascination we have with these people for my photographic issue for this assignment.
I think it's interesting how we are constantly wanting to know what they are doing, we can never get enough of them even if what they are doing isn't very interesting or glamorous.


What I need to improve from my concepts:
- get the colour the same between images (are the whites and blacks the same?) 
- good quality/ high resolution images of celebrities; source magazines, high resolution images of the web?
- what do I want the people in the images to be doing?
- do I need more pictures from the zoo?

The different cages/areas in a Zoo separate different species: Lion, Giraffe, Chimpanzee.... How can I replicate that in my photography?

- Divide them by era - 60's, 70's.. to present 
  (might not be as strong a comment as media has changed so much in this short time) 

- What they do/ their career: actor, singer, socialite, model

- What they are doing in the picture: working out, at the beach, shopping, at a premiere? 
  (might not fit with the others/ or could be a nice break.. puts them in a kind of context?)

No comments:

Post a Comment